Sunday, June 22, 2014

Some thoughts on Design aesthetics

Have you ever wondered that most of the times we experience discomfort in our life due to design aesthetic of stuffs around us..Many of us may have overlooked it and many might have never realized that it may cause issues..However here is my take on it..

So have you ever got hurt by the corners of a table ? Most of the time due to our rush activities in life we do..But have you ever realized that if the corner of a table is round and polished it will never allow us to get hurt..And that's precisely I call as design aesthetic..So now that we get a hint of what it is about lets dive into the topic..

I realized most of the time our day to day life would be so much more convenient if the designs of stuffs around us like : Product we use whether mobile,apps from technical point of view) ,house that we stay, road that we cross, car that we drive or anything for that matter..

So lets just talk about product like our mobile for a moment..I will not touch upon much on this area simply because I know that companies spend almost a millions in creating better design for ease of us..So when we see the comfort that a smart phone or app feature is giving us is due to someone is working on those feature..

But I really hope the same happens with the day to day stuffs around us..So when we buy furniture I really wonder about the design aesthetic behind it..Most of these designs are just to make us more uncomfortable..And sometimes it is so inconvenient to use them..May be some imported brands have nailed most of these but atleast not in the domestic sectors..

And what about the case of Indian Railways staircases. Those steep staircases can give a young person like me knee pain and not to forget about an old person travelling and trying to climb those staircase..I mean what came to the mind of the person who designed such staircases..Isn't there be better way of making our life more comfortable ..Am sure it does but simply we are too lame to realize it or to underestimate it..

And the cars in domestic market or for that matter those public buses or the cabs that company provides to most of the people..(I must assume I used to when I started my career)..I mean there is hardly any legspace concept..What were the manufactures of these vehicles thinking while designing these products for us..Are people just to squeeze inside a vehicle like any animals..Really!! And have you ever wondered why those vehicles like buses or those small tampo cars shake vigorously even in slightest of humps in the roads..Its simple due to low shock absorption..

And in our day to day life small small stuffs like a cosmetic bottle with a pump helps to eliminate the risk of pouring more product..and for that matter a lip balm in a pot increases the risk of more bacteria due to digging of your finger in it..etc etc..

I think I can just go on and on about this topic..But have you also experience discomfort in your life due to design aesthatics..Please do leave a comment ..



No comments:

Post a Comment