So I have been wondering lately about the whole controversy about brain drain, Satya Nadella etc..Strikingly I came to few conclusions which I thought of sharing it with you all..
So first and foremost I dont believe there is something called brain drain exist..Here is the justification for that..In a world which is bonded by internet and that the information is as liquid as possible I dont think these kind of concepts does have any relevance..Moreover the world is now decentralized upto certain extent.By decentralized I mean the boundaries or the restrictions to immigration or the laws of the land have opened up so that best studies or best jobs are accessible to people from all across the globe..
Moving ahead I feel when a person who has built substantial amount of knowledge and expertise etc in certain domain there is always a reason to scale even higher..For that person to be surrounded by people who are at par with the same intellect or same thought process is also equally important..Sometimes these things a domestic environment can not provide..And its simple because of the number of people that might be interested in similar stuffs which is "too niche" for common people and they cant relate to what it is all about..And if that happens the person has all the reason to be in a place where he/she can be with people similar to him/her and pursue similar ambitions..By all means sometimes it may also be that when a person studies a futuristic technology in say University of Pennsyvenia, he/she will not be having that niche subject matter back home or similar jobs attached to his research..I wont see that as brain drain,simply because if a person has evolved so much to make such level of intellect he/she deserves a better life for himself or for his next generation for that matter..
No need to say back home there will be mediocracy which will be waiting for him/her..Which can be frightening for a person of excellance..
Global movement is interesting actually..White people marrying brown guys or brown people marrying white guys etc..By all means even I see foreigners settling down in India for various reason whether they find India is a land of spirituality or all that stuff..But the point here is the amount at which west is having a technological revolution perhaps people who have liberal background from west dont feel they fit in a place like US.And exceptional people from India who can equally contribute to the revolution have all the reason to join the west. And this is well justified because if they pursue a dream of having a better future for humanity or for that matter a better life for themselve they actually deserve it..One dont need to live a mediocracy life if they feel they deserve a better life..
Many have raised the question about Satya Nadella while being designated as CEO of Microsoft..I think Satya or anyone for that matter who have such level of capability which can take him to a level of being the CEO of an company like Microsoft, I hardly see why their brain doesnt deserve a place like US..I really wonder if Satya the CEO Of Microsoft wold have been "Satya CEO of Microsoft" had he been lived in India..
Many have built companies like Infosys like Narayana Murthy etc..But my point is not to go and justify why he didn't go to US and accepted being in india itself..But I am just giving you all some of my thoughts on why its comparatively reasonable to be surrounded by equally energetic people or people with same level of intellect..
Do you also feel the same..Please leave a comment and feel free to diagree..
So first and foremost I dont believe there is something called brain drain exist..Here is the justification for that..In a world which is bonded by internet and that the information is as liquid as possible I dont think these kind of concepts does have any relevance..Moreover the world is now decentralized upto certain extent.By decentralized I mean the boundaries or the restrictions to immigration or the laws of the land have opened up so that best studies or best jobs are accessible to people from all across the globe..
Moving ahead I feel when a person who has built substantial amount of knowledge and expertise etc in certain domain there is always a reason to scale even higher..For that person to be surrounded by people who are at par with the same intellect or same thought process is also equally important..Sometimes these things a domestic environment can not provide..And its simple because of the number of people that might be interested in similar stuffs which is "too niche" for common people and they cant relate to what it is all about..And if that happens the person has all the reason to be in a place where he/she can be with people similar to him/her and pursue similar ambitions..By all means sometimes it may also be that when a person studies a futuristic technology in say University of Pennsyvenia, he/she will not be having that niche subject matter back home or similar jobs attached to his research..I wont see that as brain drain,simply because if a person has evolved so much to make such level of intellect he/she deserves a better life for himself or for his next generation for that matter..
No need to say back home there will be mediocracy which will be waiting for him/her..Which can be frightening for a person of excellance..
Global movement is interesting actually..White people marrying brown guys or brown people marrying white guys etc..By all means even I see foreigners settling down in India for various reason whether they find India is a land of spirituality or all that stuff..But the point here is the amount at which west is having a technological revolution perhaps people who have liberal background from west dont feel they fit in a place like US.And exceptional people from India who can equally contribute to the revolution have all the reason to join the west. And this is well justified because if they pursue a dream of having a better future for humanity or for that matter a better life for themselve they actually deserve it..One dont need to live a mediocracy life if they feel they deserve a better life..
Many have raised the question about Satya Nadella while being designated as CEO of Microsoft..I think Satya or anyone for that matter who have such level of capability which can take him to a level of being the CEO of an company like Microsoft, I hardly see why their brain doesnt deserve a place like US..I really wonder if Satya the CEO Of Microsoft wold have been "Satya CEO of Microsoft" had he been lived in India..
Many have built companies like Infosys like Narayana Murthy etc..But my point is not to go and justify why he didn't go to US and accepted being in india itself..But I am just giving you all some of my thoughts on why its comparatively reasonable to be surrounded by equally energetic people or people with same level of intellect..
Do you also feel the same..Please leave a comment and feel free to diagree..
No comments:
Post a Comment