Alrite this time again on a topic that I feel that deffinitely needs close look..Here I am talking about very common phenomenon in today's Indian society..Guess what ?? Divorce..Well I dont know how many of you actually have met or have any close relative who is a divorcee but for me I am a daughter who has been raised by a divorcee..Thats of course is none other than my very own mother..Well why a topic like this is so important to blog is that perceptions again mindsets that a the very term Divorce is associated with..As I always say change is inevitable..Looking back at my own upbringing I have been very closely associated with this term divorce but trust me I am so used to and so is my mother..It all starts with my admission to school..Guardian means essentially a father figure those days..And poor me since I had my father yet both were separated I had no other option but to introduce the mother figure here as guardian..And trust me it took a while for the school authority to accept it.Well perhaps my case was the first one in the entire school history itself when someone actually debated on this guardian concept..lol..yes but true..
Then there is this journey of events associated with this Divorce stuff..My friend's sister referring to her maid while speaking to me "poor lady..left by her husband"..Than I was just wondering if she was left by her husband or she dumped that husband in our society its like "left by husband"..However there is this big or rather huge difference..I tell you why..Most of the cases its the girl that leaves her husband..whether its an abusive relation or non-working out type most of the cases its like the girl is actually leaving that husband thingie and coming out of that relation..But yet divorce is a term that most of the time used but however most of the cases its separated is the right term because divorce is official and legal whereas separation is mutual or sometimes one sided..For a girl like me my mother was bold enough to say to the world that she dumped that cruel abusive husband and no regret attached..Yet living in our society we faced so many things in our life..Well here is this my exboyfriend I had to dump because the remark that he passed about his aunt's maid "Divorcee hai toh she is desperate bitch now..That was my last conversation literally with that person who could perhaps hardly feel what that kind of statements means to me!!I could not carry on with that guy anymore trust me..
Being the daughter of a separated parents also attaching its nightmare till now you know..People assume that if her mom is a divorcee that means the girl is gona be the same ..what the hack is it like a logical derivations??You know I dont know how many generations Indian society needs to go through to get over such mentality..
Here is this friend of mine she kind of separated long back from this hardcore abusive relation and a pretty working girl like her goes to office unlike any other single girls..But I think one of our mutual friend did the biggets mistake that day by telling in front of me that "look at her who will say she is a divorcee".. What the hack is there any stamp or social affirmation required to look like a divorcee??..Gosh I can not even think still this generation Indian guy can talk like that!!
These things are pretty common in western society and they I never had any problem revealing my personal life stuff..But I wonder if I open up these stuffs here in India which in turn puts the blame back to the girl itself..Give it a thought!!
Then there is this journey of events associated with this Divorce stuff..My friend's sister referring to her maid while speaking to me "poor lady..left by her husband"..Than I was just wondering if she was left by her husband or she dumped that husband in our society its like "left by husband"..However there is this big or rather huge difference..I tell you why..Most of the cases its the girl that leaves her husband..whether its an abusive relation or non-working out type most of the cases its like the girl is actually leaving that husband thingie and coming out of that relation..But yet divorce is a term that most of the time used but however most of the cases its separated is the right term because divorce is official and legal whereas separation is mutual or sometimes one sided..For a girl like me my mother was bold enough to say to the world that she dumped that cruel abusive husband and no regret attached..Yet living in our society we faced so many things in our life..Well here is this my exboyfriend I had to dump because the remark that he passed about his aunt's maid "Divorcee hai toh she is desperate bitch now..That was my last conversation literally with that person who could perhaps hardly feel what that kind of statements means to me!!I could not carry on with that guy anymore trust me..
Being the daughter of a separated parents also attaching its nightmare till now you know..People assume that if her mom is a divorcee that means the girl is gona be the same ..what the hack is it like a logical derivations??You know I dont know how many generations Indian society needs to go through to get over such mentality..
Here is this friend of mine she kind of separated long back from this hardcore abusive relation and a pretty working girl like her goes to office unlike any other single girls..But I think one of our mutual friend did the biggets mistake that day by telling in front of me that "look at her who will say she is a divorcee".. What the hack is there any stamp or social affirmation required to look like a divorcee??..Gosh I can not even think still this generation Indian guy can talk like that!!
These things are pretty common in western society and they I never had any problem revealing my personal life stuff..But I wonder if I open up these stuffs here in India which in turn puts the blame back to the girl itself..Give it a thought!!
very true. there is nothing wrong or anti-social as our society make divorcees to be. I feel an honest change on mind-set and attitude is required and of time by the indian society and institutions. divorce can happen to anyone, it's not a disease, it's just a social change to make life better rather than feel compromised in an abusive and unhappy relationship. i don't know what about that is so taboo in our society.good post :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for liking it..As a girl I am very particular about these kind of stuffs said against Indian women.Hope atleast this generation stands against these things..take care..
ReplyDeleteIndeed a true write up...extremely factual..!!
ReplyDelete